To meet our high standards, all verified business qualifications have been reviewed by Oneflare.
Completed Jobs (0)
Other Reviews (0)
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the typical things that you need to know before you can provide a quote to a customer?
1. Make sure you know what you want
2. Have plans ready if there are any to show the tradesperson
3. Be realistic with an estimate of the work to be done
4. Make sure the trades or builder knows exactly what they are quoting on and then ask if the builder can see anything else to be done
Are you an insured business and do you guarantee your work?
Then site specitic cover for full house construction.
Public liability Builders all risk and Home Owner Warranty when required
What questions do customers commonly ask and how would you answer them?
1. How can I do it cheaper is always the question
Best hint is per square metre of construction costs around $1250:00 to $1400:00 any less and you will be charged the extra bits you have forgotten.
2. Remember nothing is for nothing, try not to fool the builder, and say no I ment this and I expected that for construction, project home buuilders are going broke building for $1000:00 per metre. and then they charge the extras like carpet timber flooring extra tiling.
What questions should a customer ask to hire the right service professional?
1. Do not take a look at theri licence look up fair trading NSW, very easy and simple to do
2. Get the trades to show photos of their workmanship not just finished photos but during constructiuon photos. it is very easy to take photos of finished workmanship OF SOMEONE ELSE;S WORKMANSHIP
3. Most builders do not have a good relationship with the client straight after finishing their home, but they do come around a few years later when the client relises the builder has done the right thing for them, and they have time to digest the quality, and the client has time to see other finished houses of friends, they come home and realise they do have absolute quality.
What do you like most about your job?
I like designing to completing all homes and extensions,
I like doing the french polishing of timber work
How did you decide to get into your line of work?
I had built a few homes for myself and I wanted to expand
Is there a particular aspect of your trade or industry that you specialise in?
I specialise in workmanship that others can not do fine detail workmanship, French Polished kitchen timberwork and whole houses timber doors architrave skirting etc
How do you normally charge for your service?
I normally charge as either supervision for the job,
or Full cost quotation
What makes your pricing competitive?
As stated I'm very competive, but for example when I paint a door I fit the door hinges lock etc make sure all ok then dismantle everything, paint the door and reinstall, sure double work but you do get a perfect job.
Do you have a favourite customer story you would like to share?
My favourite storey is when a builder has taken 13 months to get to lockup stage and Then I took over the site from almost lockup stage 400m2 two storey dwelling within 8 weeks the family were in their new house for Christmas and note the house was at Lithgow ( not easy to get trades out of metro Sydney area )
That included Electrical plumbing insulation gyprock, stairs, fixout kitchen painting and bathrooms
What makes you the most reliable and trustworthy person for the job?
I have been brought up to be honest and tell the client like it is, if the cleints expectations are that the build can not be done I will tell them so
How can a customer save money before you start the work? Please give 3 tips
Save money tips speak to a builder after the architect, converse exactly what you want done, and no extras once the builder has started
Are there any special offers you would like to offer to Oneflare customers?
One special offer, don;t try and fool your builder they are not stupid or dumb, agree on items and that is it, changes made through your build will cost you money
What experience, skills, qualifications or training do you have to make you the right person for the job?
I've been a builder since 1980 - building commercial very large residential, very large commercial I can do things that others would not attempt, and I have a full team of trades especially from working with project home builders
Why should a customer hire you over another service provider?
Well , I don't bugger around, I have a full team of trades ready from start to finish. If the client does not muck around with the contract or agreed items then we can start and finish in the quickest of time
I'm a no nonsense person especially having done years with project homes , the trades know exactly what I require