Frequently Asked Questions
Why should a customer hire you over another service provider?
Thurnheer Publications has over two decades of experience and is an award-winning publisher and identity design studio. The emphasis of our work is on strategic marketing, branding and developing creative solutions.
What makes your pricing competitive?
Our Print Management Service. A business is usually required to deal with an array of printers and suppliers to manage its print production. Each printer having their own artwork specifications and different printing processes.
We have a strong printer network that allows clients to utilise our Print Management Service to produce high quality printing at trade prices. Our knowledge of our suppliers’ capabilities and requirements gives us a clear understanding of what results to expect from each supplier and where to accommodate for variation. This also gives us the ability to find new creative ways to approach each project.
By knowing all of our suppliers’ technical specifications we know their limitations and what production assets they have. This allows us to know which supplier to use for each job and how to optimise artwork to meet their requirements. This also gives us the ability to find new creative ways to approach each project.
By managing both your company's design and printing, we will make every project a smooth process with optimal results.
Are there any special offers you would like to offer to Oneflare customers?
• 1000 Business Cards
• Only $75.00
• Full Colour Both Sides
• On 310gsm
• Matt Or Gloss Lamination
• Delivery within Australia
Is there a particular aspect of your trade or industry that you specialise in?
By focusing on the needs of creative writers and artists we are able provide authors supported self-publishing services that will help them see their books in print.
What are the typical things that you need to know before you can provide a quote to a customer?
TELL US YOUR BUSINESS
Thurnheer Publications values your input and our aim is to compliment your knowledge,
ideas and vision with our expertise and experience. By gaining a comprehensive understanding
of your business we will create a design that is noticed, uniquely yours and importantly sends
the desired messages to your customers.
How can a customer save money before you start the work? Please give 3 tips
TELL US ABOUT YOUR BUSINESS
1. What does your business do?
2. What differentiates you from your competitors?
THE PROJECTED IMAGE
1. How do you wish customers to perceive your business?
2. What do you wish to be renown for?
3. What words should people associate with the business?
4. Why should customers choose your business?
1. Who are your ‘ideal’ customers?
2. What do your customers watch, what do they read, where do they browse?
3. How do they find out about your business?
4. What do they want?
5. What clientele or customers don’t you wish to attract?
1. Who are you competing with? Please provide details of competing businesses.
2. Who might you compete with in the future?
3. Who else is in your sphere of services? e.g. associated services, affiliated organisations.
1. Is there a unique story behind the business, or business name?
2. Are there any inspiring visuals associated with the product/idea/location?
3. How could the design play with the name?
4. Are there any colours or visuals that you particularly love or alternatively should be avoided?
5. Do you have ideas about the visual style you want? If yes, please provide examples.
6. Do you have photos or images you wish to integrate into the design?
7. Do you have any particular colours you would like to incorporate in your logo?
8. How would you best decribe the ‘feel’ of your business?
9. Is there a particular logo format which ‘speaks’ to you more than any other?
1. Do you want a new or restyled logo? If yes, why?
2. Are your services likely to change in the near future?
3. How much does the name alone contribute to the brand?
SPECIFICS & USE
Where will the logo be used? For example: tshirts, business cards, internet, newspaper etc.
2. What future uses seem likely for the logo?
3. What restrictions (size, color, readability, modifications) should it be designed for?
What questions do customers commonly ask and how would you answer them?
OUR CREATIVE PROCESS
Our flexibility and our years of experience enable us to work with our clients in a fluid and iterative process that achieves real results.
It goes without saying that understanding the core objectives and business goals is the first priority of any project we embark on. You’ll be surprised how many people skip this step and design for the sake of design. What you can expect at this point is to have a solid creative brief or a well-thought-out strategic brief that will serve as the road map for the project.
Moving the project into the creative process is usually the most exciting part for our clients and for us. With a solid understanding of key drivers and business goals, we are able to show conceptual designs. At this point in the project you can plan to see a selection of well-executed concepts.
We all know that design and creativity are subjective. We don’t care how sound or solid a creative brief is, there is still that human element that comes into play. Our initial concepts go through a refinement process until the design meets the perfect balance of uncompromising usability and good business sense. This means it not only looks great, but also will be well received and easily understood by the intended audience.
After approvals on a finalized design, we move into the actual implementation. Executing efficiently and on-point, we deliver a finished project that meets Thurnheer Publications high standards and, most often, exceeds client expectations.
How do you normally charge for your service?
Creative Director and Project Manager with over twenty years’ experience, qualifications and training in Brand Design, Publishing and Project Management.