Planning the wedding of your dreams and staying on budget doesn’t have to be mutually exclusive but with so many parts of the day to plan, setting a realistic budget will help ease the pressure. To keep you tracking on the right path, here’s an idea of what a wedding photographer can cost you.
How much does it cost to hire a wedding photographer in my state?
|NSW||Requests for wedding photographers in NSW can cost between $660 – $1850, with a median quote of $1000 on Oneflare.|
|VIC||Requests for wedding photographers in VIC can cost between $600 – $1500, with a median quote of $995 on Oneflare.|
|QLD||Requests for wedding photographers in QLD can cost between $550 – $1650, with a median quote of $960 on Oneflare.|
|WA||Requests for wedding photographers in WA can cost between $350- $1500, with a median quote of $990 on Oneflare.|
|SA||Requests for wedding photographers in SA can cost between $500 – $1700, with a median quote of $925 on Oneflare.|
|ACT||Requests for wedding photographers in ACT can cost between $680 – $2300, with a median quote of $1550 on Oneflare.|
|TAS||Requests for wedding photographers in TAS can cost between $1350- $2000, with a median quote of $1800 on Oneflare.|
How much do different wedding photographers cost*?
Wedding photographers can charge an hourly rate for their service or a set package for a combination of photo shoots. Booking in advance can help you save. Find out more on how to save money hiring a photographer here.
- Hiring a wedding photographer for an engagement photo shoot can cost between $320-$650 in NSW. The median quote for an engagement photo in NSW is $500.
- Wedding photographers can quote between $800-$1600 for a reception photo shoot with the median quote being $840.
- For the actual wedding ceremony, wedding photographers can cost between $400- $850 with the median quote being $500.
- Wedding photography requests for the reception are quoted between $315 -$600 with the median quote of $475.
- Requests for wedding photographers for the ceremony can vary between $450- $650, with the median quote being $500.
- Taking photos before the ceremony and during the wedding ceremony can cost between $760 – $1500.
- Couples that hire photographers for their engagement can pay between $265- $620 with the median quote of $400.
- Taking photos during the ceremony can cost between $500-$930 with the median quote of $550.
- Wedding photographers quote between $500-$1800 for the reception with the median quote of $650.
- A wedding photography request for the ceremony prep and ceremony can vary between $625-$1000 with a median quote of $800.
- Photographers quote between $300- $1500 for services during the ceremony and reception, with a median quote of $900.
- When hired just for the reception, wedding photographers can cost around $500.
- Engagement shots in WA can cost between $590- $900 with a median quote of $720.
- Hiring a photographer for the reception costs between $900 -$1200 with a median quote of $1100.
- Ceremony and ceremony prep: $188- $750, median quote of $500.
How to choose a wedding photographer?
The trust and communication you have with a wedding photographer will prove extremely helpful on during the stressful planning or busy wedding day. More than an impressive portfolio, the ability to communicate well with your hired photographer will influence the type of wedding photos you take home.
After reviewing your quotes, ensure you take a moment to check a business’ Oneflare profile or read their reviews to get a glimpse into the way they work and interact with customers. Check out examples of their past work to see if it is a good fit to the style you envision for your own wedding and lastly, don’t ignore the way a photographer presents themselves or interacts with you. It’s a good idea to organise a casual meeting with potential photographers before you make a hiring decision to ensure the expert gets along well with both you and your partner.
Connect with the right wedding photographer to capture the most special moments of your big day. Request free quotes for find out more here.
*Costs are based on fixed price quotes received for wedding photography requests on Oneflare and should be used only as a guide.